View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 08:10 PM
mti79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
As per Amazin' Avenue:

3:15 pm: The Mets would send Dickey, Josh Thole, and another player to Toronto. Toronto would send Travis d’Arnaud, John Buck, and minor league pitchers Noah Syndergaard and Aaron Sanchez to the Mets (Puma, NY Post and McCullough, Star Ledger).

The "another player" from the Mets is rumored to be Duda.

Now, this is just a rumor. The entire deal is a rumor. But this would be a very, very nice trade for the Mets if they don't add in anything of huge value.
I understand wanting to hold onto RA. He has been a great pitcher for the Mets the last few years. However, this team is not contending in the next few seasons. If you can add a prospect like d'Arnaud you almost have to do it. With the financial situation that the ownership is in, they're not going to shell out big bucks for free agents. They're looking to plug some holes. I don't know much about Sanchez but Syndergaard could be a solid addition in a few years too.

I have no problem if the Mets decide to keep Dickey. I have no problem if they trade him. If they do decide to trade him, then you need to get a very high return for him. A package of d'Arnaud and Syndergaard is a good start. Doubt we get them to throw in Gose as well, but that could put it over the top.

Last edited by mti79: 12-16-2012 at 12:18 AM.
mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote