Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 07:14 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
For the longest time Bettman was denying any and all plans of relocating a team to Winnipeg.

So because he didn't want to discuss a possible sale of a team publicly he was lying? That is just business before anything is final you don't announce it, that simply isn't lying he just didn't want to be premature about it.

About the whole lying about the money thing, I think you're reading too much into it. Because even though the make whole provision was increased, it didn't cover the 389 million required for the owners to honor the contracts they signed. The owners sign a bunch of contracts before the lockout, and now they don't want to pay for them? Sounds to me like they're trying to take back the money they promised.

That simply isn't true the players that have contracts won't lose 1 penny they are guaranteed it is lying and they never bother correcting it.

As far as the television contract and southern expansion, I'd suggest reading into it if it doesn't make sense. Bettman was suppose to get a NFL, NBA, or MLB type of television deal by expanding into the south with the logic that it would make the NHL a nation-wide
sport
I have read into it and no network anywhere offered a national us contract until the NBC deal was offered. Espn offered to have the nhl compete with poker there wasn't anything national about the other offers, the NBC deal is the largest deal in the history and the best one they have ever had.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote