View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Yeah, no doubt that Bure and Brett Hull are the clear inferiors of this bunch. Not that this is a bad thing. But Bure didn't have the elite seasons to be lumped up here and Hull was a little too late of a bloomer. I am awfully surprised Howe has 0 votes. I chose Bobby anyway but Howe should have votes before Bure or Brett, that's for sure. I agree with Gretzky and Lemieux as other options and I'll throw in Richard and Esposito as well. But even so, to me it always comes down to three of them: Bobby, Gretzky and Lemieux.

Hull was just simply better at goalscoring than anything else. Gretzky has the numbers, the fact that he trumped his peers in this regard and the fact that the only reason he stopped scoring at such a high pace is because he focused on assists more. Mario was just impossible to stop from scoring a goal as well and was at least as good of a playmaker as a goalscorer. It's really tough between these three.
Considering how few goals were scored in the NHL in the 00,01 seasons this is simply not true.

Bure has 3 of the top 40 adjusted goal scoring seasons ever.

When you look at his centers in Vancouver and Florida, it's not exactly a ton of guys getting mentioned in the top 100 players of time either.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote