View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 08:14 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Yeah, there's a lot of really well rounded guys in the system right now with Tanev, Corrado, Price, and Andersson. None of them necessarily excel at any one thing, but none of them have any major weaknesses either. Corrado is definitely the most gifted of those four and probably has the highest potential.

Andersson should really be getting more ice-time, in my opinion. Probably has potential as a #5/#6 guy one day. I don't really get what Arniel (or Baumgartner?) is thinking with the Wolves defense. Polasek is another guy that, IMO undeservedly, has been stuck in the ECHL.
This. It's exciting to know that Corrado, Price and Tommernes (if he comes over) could be with the Wolves next year. All of a sudden we might have 3 viable young right D-men in the system including Tanev. So there is value in clearing up some space for these guys to get ice-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I actually really like him. He surprised me with his game and the way he has adapted. I think he has adapted fairly well already. He skates well for a big guy, mobile, reads the game well defensively, makes the safe play just about 90% of the time, calm with the puck, good passer, uses his size to separate guys from the puck, and engages in the puck battles. Also, there are flashes of an offensive upside too. He didn't look too out of place on the sparse PP time he got at the beginning of the season.

Definitely better than Sauve, better than Erixon last year. Goes to show you what happens in Swedish leagues are not always a reflection of their actual play. Erixon has returned to Timra and is still their #1, but Andersson couldn't even stick on Frolunda but looks much better with the Wolves. If i had a comparison, Carl Gunnarson would fit i think.
That's good to hear. Considering he was stuck in the Allsvenskan for a while I think everyone was surprised to hear that he made the cut for the Wolves but so far his play seems encouraging.

If McNally turns pro and signs with the organization, that could be a lot of good young D-men with potential in the cupboard.