Rebuild continues to go well for Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
12-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Originally Posted by
Anyway, i guess what i'm saying is...
1) if Scheifele can grow into a very good 1st or 2nd line center in next 2 yrs,
2) if Trouba develops into a solid #3 shut-down dman in next 2 yrs,
3) we can grab an elite forward in the 1st rd of 2013 draft (may be a top 5 or 10),
4) we can grab a shut-down dman in the 2nd rd of 2013 draft,
5) we select a goalie of the future in the 2nd rd of the 2013 draft,
... then our 're-build' looks pretty good. We also have Buff to use as trade bait to get a player we lack once Trouba arrives, say a solid two-way player for our 1st or 2nd line ... or 2nd pairing dman, that might speed up this process a bit.
That fruit won't come to bear until 16-17, 17-18 at the earliest. Bogosian's played 4 NHL/pro seasons, and he's just starting to show "shut-down" ability. I don't think it is fair to Trouba or the organization as a whole to expect him to develop that quickly.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by BigZ65