View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 10:52 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
I'm trying VERY hard to lower my expectations on Galchenyuk. He's making it difficult right now
I know what you mean but for once we have real good reasons to expect a player to be a true star. Why not start to enjoy it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian
However, I think Alex can be a PPG+ player in the NHL. I just don't see any reason beyond the fact that production of that kind is uncommon to say that he can't reach that level. Like seriously: what fundamental limitation does he have? First step?
Its tough to say with average league scoring changing frequently due to rule changes. If league scoring ever goes back to something like 05-06 levels during Gally's prime a 100pts season might even happen. Under current scoring rates I think 70-80 is realistic.

He's such a complete player, not in the sense that he's good/average at everything but rather that he's great/amazing at everything. As you say first step could be better but he's still a 18yr old prospect, he probably knows it and with that mentality he has he'll come back after next summer as the quickest and best skaters at camp

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 12-15-2012 at 10:58 PM.