View Single Post
Old
12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Kikizaz

vCash: 500
Last season I suggested that I was in favour of Rielly because I had seen him play prior to the injury and was enamoured with him. ***DISCLAIMER*** I am not saying I am disappointed we drafted Galchenyuk, both were equal in my mind last season and it was purely a personal preference.

Since then, I have gone to see Rielly 3 times this season and I have been pretty disappointed by him. I had tickets to both the Vancouver and Victoria Super series games. Rielly was decent in the Vancouver one and considering it was a 1-0 game decent was all he had to be. However, in the Victoria game he was putrid. He and Dumba were the 2 worst players on the ice in my opinion and during beers after the game my friends and agreed that it was a poor showing by team WHL and those two in particular. Rielly did have one amazing end to end rush in the Victoria game that would have brought the roof down, but he missed high and wide on his shot. (If you're going to deke 3 Russians at least get your shot on net)

I wanted to get another look at Rielly, so when Moose Jaw played in Victoria, I got tickets with a few friends and hoped for a good game from him. He was... enigmatic to say the least. He was the D man trailing on at least 3 odd man rushes going against Moose Jaw, and if it weren't for a pretty bad collapse in the 3rd period by the Royals he would have been quite the goat along with #3 Edmundson. He did have 2 assists in the 4-3 shootout win for Moose Jaw but looked pretty bad for a large part of the game. In the 3rd I think the shots were 16-4 (something like that) for Moose Jaw and he had a large part to do with that.

Now, relating that to our Galchenyuk, I've had the chance to watch (via stream) a few of the Sarnia games. "WOW" is how I would put it most nights. Galchenyuk is, usually, better than everyone else on the ice and he has really made me glad that Timmins and I did not share opinions on draft day.

TLDR: Personal preference was previously Rielly, now pretty clearly Galchenyuk.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote