View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 12:13 AM
RaySheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbinsDuck View Post
Yeah, it's really not black and white. Konstantinov was very effective against Lindros. He played against Lindros in regular season games and limited his scoring while even more effectively, annoying the heck out of Lindros and getting him in the box a lot - I remember once actually looking up the stats, and Konstantinov looks great against Lindros there, in addition to my recollection.

Now this is just my opinion, but I think Bowman recognized playing Lindros physically was reactionary coaching, and chose to focus on the Wings' strengths more than reacting to the Flyer's strengths. Lidstrom proved to be even more effective against the Legion of Doom than Konstantinov was, largely because he controlled the ice better and fit the puck possession style of play better... Neutralizing Lindros not physically, but by simply keeping the puck away from him. It was Lidstrom's coming out party - he showed the world how great he really was defensively, despite not playing physically, and still was able to dictate the play on the ice.

Konstantinov was great against Lindros, just Lidstrom proved to be even better, something Bowman seemed to have identified.
I get it. I do. But i've heard 'squat all' about the Blues or Avalanche series in this thread. Did Konstantinov step up to the plate? I say yes. Deadmarsh or Foote may have got the better of him in scraps...but so what..he stepped up to the plate and didn't back down.

RaySheppard is offline   Reply With Quote