View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Melrose Munch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THW View Post
Ottawa and buffalo are nice places or are close to areas that have culture centers and nightlife and money. They are not war zones and husks full of dilapidated buildings and crime. As far as the cap, that is why its in place, to allow the teams with bad management/bad owners/bad markets to play on a level field, when they should not be playing at all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
well you could go back to having only 6 teams in the league. maybe then you wouldn't need a cap.
We had a cap with 30 teams for 4 years and expanded without a cap. With a cap, ratings are just slightly better. No one has shown parity has lead to increased TV ratings yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Everytime I hear advocates of a cap-less league I'm reminded the only reason they would ever want to go back is so they could reclaim their unfair advantages. Once I've realized this, I've understood that every justification behind it is moot because their opinion is steeped in self-interest rather than in the interest of the league as a whole.
You got your rich owner SM. Time for Oilers fans to get off that, its 2012, you have the dollar, you have Katz. If you are still afraid of a cap less league maybe the players aren't the problem.