View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 01:25 AM
RaySheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I am not saying he never touched the ice against him at least I hope I didn't

I was just pointing out that was Lidstrom's assignment when Bowman could dictate it and Lidstrom deserves the credit he gets for it. Could they have won with Konstantinov playing him, in my opinion yes. In fact who know that might have been the start of the end for Lindros from a big hit from Vlad instead of Stevens. But that isn't how it happened and that wasn't the team plan. Philly got it handed to them and their goaltending wasn't up to that series, they were chasing the puck the whole time and that was across their lines. Sure some matchups might have worked out better but without a better performance from Hextall they were going to lose that series pretty handily.

Konstantinov was a great GREAT player and I still to this day think of him as one of my favorite Red Wings. But this was a point I felt compelled to argue and something I think is well documented as I just tried to show.
OK.....but it took 16 games to win. Would you like to argue how much/littlte Vlad was involved against Colorado and St.Louis?

RaySheppard is offline   Reply With Quote