Old
12-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
I dont think SJ like the idea of adding to Demers!? Wild need D and SJ knows it. I`m pretty sure Clutterbuck+ is what is needed to get a deal done. It`s not like SJ is gonna sell a young D with upside cheap...
That has nothing to do with his actual value. If Wild wants Demers, then they give a prize and it's up to SJ to say yes or no. However, you want a unique player who hits hard, is a fan favorite and on a cheap contract on your team PLUS a 2nd round pick on an extremely deep draft. Not gonna fly. Clutterbuck's value is far higher than his hit totals or point totals, plus it's not like he's old. Still room to grow. He is still improving on his shot, his hockey sense and he's getting stronger.

Besides, it's not like we NEED to sell him. If you want him, give us Demers and a more reasonable deal. If you don't want to add to Demers and want us to add to Cal, we're giving you a 4th-rounder, maximum. Not a 2nd rounder. If you want a 2nd, you're going to have to add to your offer to balance it out.

But to be honest, we don't really need D. This year is irrelevant already and Brodin will be ready to step in next autumn, if he isn't already. Dumba is a long-term project, but we also have Gunnarsson in SEL who is playing very well and was drafted as an overager this year. He might be ready to make the jump next season as well. Spurgeon is one of the most underrated players in the NHL right now. There's a reason why Mike Yeo penciled him into the 1st pairing with Ryan Suter. He may be small, but he's one of the most intelligent D-men out there, his passing is good, he's very agile and he can make great plays happen.

So, as I said, we don't really desperately need D, and therefore we're not adding any extra to Demers' real value.

As I said, either Clutterbuck+4th or Clutterbuck+Prosser+3rd for your 2014 4th and Demers. The value is fair, take it or leave it.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote