View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 10:54 AM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
This one was all on the coaching staff, why would you start your backup in the biggest game of the year to date, it's mind blowing.... I would of rather started Dekort against Kitchener but not against a team thats 3 points behind us and we have Sanvido and Murphy out I mean what a head shaker....hopefully they lose the next three games and maybe something will click in to Warren that there had to be a trade.
IMHO If you had to start DeKort against either Saginaw or SSM they picked the right spot. Before yesterdays game Saginaw appeared to be the easier opponent as SSM is on a roll with the new coach.
With the injuries/illness of some players they will be in tough unless Pavelka has an A+ game today and I hate to say this but so far Pavelka hasn't had a real stinker of a game and he's due for one. ( you might just see DeKort in to relieve Pavelka if it turns ugly)

But hey as I often say this is the OHL and often when you expect a blowout just the opposite happens.

The Xmas trade freeze starts Dec 20th so WR, if he is so inclined, could jump the gun and make a deal in the next couple of days. Again IMHO the Spits are wasting time. How many other teams have an open overage slot and an open Import slot? Maybe if we used all the slots available we'd be in a better position than we are now. At least as someone suggested we could bring in an O/A and see how he works out in a few games before the trade deadline.