Thread: Value of: Price to Toronto
View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

vCash: 500
I'd be disappointed to see Montreal trade Price. I remember guys like Kovalenko, Rucinsky, and Aebischer coming back in previous goalie trades. They really didn't amount to much and I'm sure we could have acquired similar quality via UFA's.

Price, Subban, Paccioretty, Desharnais, Gorges, Emelin all form a nice core group with solid chemistry - why mess with that?

We've also seen teams like Phili and Tor spend an eternity looking for a franchise goalie. Guys like Price are hard to come by.

Toronto would really have to blow my socks off of with an incredible offer involving Rielly, Gardiner, JVR, and 2013/2014 1st round picks. I would also want some type of re-assurance that Montreal could have a guaranteed trade for Luongo arranged (maybe Gardiner and a 2014 1st). Something like that would result in Montreal paying big $ for Luongo and his poor contract but it would bring-in some good young assets into the organization.

Not sure why the Leafs just don't trade Gardiner and a 1st for Luongo - might be a cheaper way to acquire a franchise goalie and cut Montreal out as the Middle man in this type of trade.

That's my 2 cents - I'm sure we all have different perspectives

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote