View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Rzombo4 prez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He is going to have to figure out how to play a little better in his own zone. I am hoping some of that is the teams he has been on. He is a good playmaker with NHL speed though, certainly worth a contract at the end of this year. Stinks he missed the start of it with Mono.

For me in Detroit's pool with Tvrdon going down for the year it is really up to three guys. Landon Ferraro who is playing dynamite in Grand Rapids and restoring a lot of what people thought in his draft year but have since come to think he would never reach and wrote him off. Then two D-man that not a lot of people know a ton about. Marchenko over in Russia, probably would have been the captain for team Russia at the WJC last year if he wasn't hurt but injuries are his big problem. Right now he runs the point for CSKA and is earning a lot more ice-time. Then probably my favorite for this Nick Jensen. I see no way his skating doesn't get him in the league. He is decent sized kid and has improved in all zones. Clever with the puck and an occasional lights out hit because of his ability to close and accelerate. An awful lot like an alumni from St. Cloud State University, Bret Hedican.
I agree that Jensen could be Detroit's most underrated prospect.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote