View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
youngblood10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Who the starting goalie was the least of their concerns, they were down 5-1 and never had a prayer. Fact is and nobody can really say to the contrary but there is not 100% buy in from these kids. There are no penalties for poor play, or undisciplined play you're put right back on the ice. Very little accountability with this team a stark contrast to the days when they were successful.
I agree on all accounts. The goaltending is not a problem with this team. As things go along here I'm starting to put more blame on the coaching. Some of the in game management has been poor, bad line combinations, weak match ups that have cost timely goals against even at home with the last change. The team isn't ready to play half the time. The players have to take some of the blame for that but as Rayzor has pointed out they are not held accountable. Which is stark contrast to what made the Spitfires the Spitfires.

I remember Boughner saying he felt he might have been too hard on the last group and not patient enough. That group turned into champions. This current approach isn't cutting it. It could be that I could have coached those players to back to back championships or Boughner needs to push these kids beyond what they think they are capable of. And letting Kerby float around isn't doing the kid any favours.