Thread: Value of: Dustin Byfuglien
View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 03:32 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healfezza View Post
Well looking at the two options coming from the Senators aspect, I could see something being worked out.

A) Work out a deal revovling around Michalek for Byfuglien

Reasoning:

I would love to keep Michalek on our team, but no piece is to sacred for the right deal. His contract is up at the end of 13/14 so if we can pick up a good player on a long term deal in exchange then it might be worth the swap rather then risking his loss to free agency. Plus with a glut of young forwards coming up the pipes and the relative ease of aquiring forwards over defencemen in free agency the Senators could afford to make the swap.

Michalek is a great two-way speedster with hands enough to pot 35g last year. He can play the PK and the PP. The biggest knock is that Michalek is more of a complimentary player, and relies on others to make him a better player. Can easily slot in on either wing on the top 2 lines with ease.

For Ottawa they would take Byfuglien in order to shore up their Top 4 defencemen going into the future. With Karlsson and Cowen (out for the season) looking to lead the team on the back end, there is little else to look forward to in the system except for Ceci who may take a while to make the NHL.

Talent for talent.
I think this deal is good in principle, but Michalek needs to be added to I would think. Even at that, I think we could get a better deal elsewhere.

I'd be tempted to do it, with a plus, if our first line center was a player like Jason Spezza...but it's not. It's Bryan Little. There's really not alot there for Michalek to compliment.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote