View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c9gunner View Post
You started it when mentioned Euro 2012 and the Polish fans drumming outside of the hotel. Or you genuinely thought they did because of the good old sporting rivalry between our two countries?

I don’t want the Canadian fans to have a reason to start aiming powferful projectors to the opposing team's hotel windows or pointing their flashlights to our players during a game.

By the way, I felt pretty safe wearing a Russian jersey when celebrating our victory in DT Calgary. I just wonder if the Canadian fans would enjoy the same feeling when wandering the streets of Ufa. Just remember that what goes around –comes around. From 2014 to 2021 we will have 4 WHJC in Canada and none in Russia.
We had both the WJHC and the WHC here in Halifax and I remember us treating the foreign fans well. The Russians beat Canada in both tournaments (the gold medal game of the latter being in Quebec albeit). There were undoubtley bar fights (more to do with drunk men being drunk men) but generally the Russians had no problems in celebrating the win. I did feel like punching out some Germans and Latvians, however. The chants are fun but not for two ****ing hours.