View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Dangles78

vCash: 814
The fact is, DePo might have been an "off-board" pick based on scouting services, but he wasn't one when it came to the PENGUINS SCOUTING.

They obviously targeted DePo. No way was he making it to the 20's. Tampa, Buffalo, Ottawa and San Jose showed interest in a PMD.

The Penguins know the Portland system and it's credibility, and they also know that they are able to develop defensemen very well. I won't even go into the whole asset argument because the DePo haters are also the ones who ignore that.

Like I've said before...the 2012 draft was weak. The forwards all have major question marks and none seem to be sure things. Personally, the only forwards I like from the first round are Galchenyuk and Faska

The forwards like Grigs and FF didn't "fall" necessarily...the D prospects were just better. The high rankings of forward prospects may have been because of the lack of them.

It's easy to criticize DePo because he's a "smallish, plays no defense, can't hit type of player", but if you watch him play that's the furthest thing from the truth.

It's also easy to stat watch Grigs, but the Penguins success has been skill (after sucking so long) AND running one of the most respected organizations in the league. They may have felt Grigs didn't fit the mold of a Penguin and DePo did.

I don't know much about FF since I've seen him play only a couple of times. He was overhyped going into the draft and I think people get mad about not picking him because of what they have read in scouting reports. I can guarantee a large majority of this board hasn't watch FF this year.

A lot of people need to relax and be optimistic. We came out of that draft with very, very good assets. Even our late round picks show promise.

ANDDDDD let's not forget about the positive progression and development of our NCAA forward prospects. C'mon guys we are in a great position now and in the future

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote