View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I'm leaning more toward Flores not being involved just because of what Renbarg said.. He may not be a blue chip top 20 prospect but hes still a pretty good prospect and I don't think he qualifies as non elite.. But you never know.

I just hope they wrap this extension up quickly.
Agreed. Flores will not be a part of this deal. I still would like to see Flores traded, but I would rather wait until the deadline/2013-14 offseason. If he has another big offensive year, I could see him shooting into the top-50 prospect rank. Not to mention a lot of people view Syndergaard as a Wheeler-type, a kid who is already considered a top-50ish prospect but should continue to climb the rankings, eventually hitting that top-20, or even top-10 range.

The Mets now have some serious arms in their system. Guys like Fulmer, Tapia, Montero are all guys in Low-A ball with huge upside. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them sees their stock skyrocket next year if they continue with their expected progression. Really exciting day for Met fans. First one in a while.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote