View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Hudon is prertty much nothing like Plekanec, in my opinion. He has some similarities with Desharnais, but he is a very unique player. For a little guy, he hits a lot more than you'd expect, and is ridiculously strong on his skates because of how he anchors himself(Cammy). I'm constantly surprised at how many, seemingly impossible, puck battles he wins. He's seriously a hockey genius(lol), and is as good defensively as he is offensively. He's the kind of guy that makes you press "rewind" at least a few times a period just to see "how he did that". His misdirection and anticipation on offense and defense is Datsyuk-esque, and that's coming from literally one of the biggest Datsyuk fans. These WJCs will be a big test for him. I'm eager to see how he will perform against such tough competition.

Edit: Another thing I notice about him is how extremely efficient he looks on the ice. I've seen him go more than half his shift while barely taking a stride, yet always being in position. Pretty impressive.
Love your optimism but I don't think you're that off base. Hudon has way better hands than Pleks. If he really works on his explosiveness then he's going to be a tremendous player. As great as Gallagher is, I think Hudon will be the bigger 5th round steal.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote