View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
This purely hypothetical (and if any Blues homers decide to come on and read this, please don't say 'this would never happen' because I don't care. I'm asking for value from Oilers fans).

Say St. Louis for whatever reason offered Pietrangelo for Yakupov. Would you take it?

I personally would. I think what is happening in OKC is evidence as of why. Even with a far more elite offense, they are doing worse than last year because they have a D-core that is less experienced. (Bringing up again, the value of having a steady D-core.)
I think a D group of:

Pietrangelo
J. Schultz
Smid
Petry
N. Schultz
Klefbom
Peckham

going forward would be one of the best groups in the NHL and guarantee us playoffs every year, while still leaving us a very elite top line, and just some secondary scoring and grit holes to fill
You make that trade in a heart beat. Yakupov is a superb talent, but Pietrangelo is likely to be one of the leagues top defenders for more than a decade. I'd take him over Doughty. Other than Weber, their is probably no defenseman in the league that I would give up more for than Pietrangelo.

I know that you know his game. Are you surprised at how good he has been in the NHL?