View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 07:40 PM
nowhereman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Crosby would have won the last two if he were healthy and kept his pace up, matching Jagr's hypothetical three. But a young Jagr also had playoff heroics where he had to carry the Pens with Lemieux out of the lineup. Crosby was carried to the Finals and then to the Cup by Malkin. He was arguably outplayed by Fleury as well.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you never actually watched that Cup run. The idea that Malkin "carried" Crosby to the Finals is beyond crazy. The amount of revisionist history that has sprung up, from all the Crosby-haters, is so off-base. The guy posted 31 points, played in every situation, killed penalties, took hundreds of draws (350 more than Malkin), played against the other team's best defensive match-ups, and took the team on his back in the first two series. If he had won the Conn Smythe, only Crosby's most vehement detractors would have called "foul".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litework View Post
Put Jagr and Forsberg in post-lockout and I'm certain they would outproduce Crosby. See what I did there?
I highly doubt it. Jagr, sure. Forsberg? No.

Last edited by nowhereman: 12-16-2012 at 07:49 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote