View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
TollefsenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I just don't see them as the constant threat to win gold the way some other countries are. And yes they did win Bronze best on best last time but were outclassed by the US in the semi-final, that hurt their them a little bit in my eyes.

But the Fins are great don't get me wrong. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see the argument for them being 2nd.

I more so take issue with 4 teams being ahead of Canada. That bends reality. I can't see that argument at all.
Well the finns are not ranked as number one, so they dnt need to be a threat to win gold Only a threat to win silver lol. And we are talking about the iihf ranking system. I think its an okey way for the iihf to decide which team that deserves to play in the olympics. My team (Norway) deserves to be automatically qualified, because of the way we have played over the last years. We faced a strong latvian team and won 3-0, a german team filled with top DEL players and won 12-4 etc. Ofc the germans would be much harder to beat with Seidenberg and Ehrhoff. Still we didnt have Mats Zuccarello. So i believe that it wasnt that unfair. So for the smaller hockey nations the iihf ranking is usefull. For the bigger nations its just stupid. I still would argue that the russians deserves to be ranked as number 1. That dosent mean that they are the best in the world.