View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I get this. Whichever round we decide to increase the number of candidates (Round 7 or 9) will be given extra time for discussion. (But as you know, more time doesn't help matters if the discussion just goes in circles).

The voting format (only vote your top 8, anything below that can be written off) is designed in part to help deal with larger lists of candidates.

The benefit to more candidates earlier of course is the ability to fix "mistakes" on the aggregate list that was put together without detailed discussion of players.
Honestly, I think it would be best if the admins consulted each other and came to a decision. Without seeing the Round 1 results, knowing the potential "mistake" candidates we're talking about, and knowing where the natural breaks lie... the rest of us are making a more or less arbitrary judgment whether it would be better to have more candidates.

The variables in this situation are so specific, I'd think you already have in mind what the pros and cons would be. You're in the best position to make an informed decision here.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote