View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 07:22 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
You make that trade in a heart beat. Yakupov is a superb talent, but Pietrangelo is likely to be one of the leagues top defenders for more than a decade. I'd take him over Doughty. Other than Weber, their is probably no defenseman in the league that I would give up more for than Pietrangelo.

I know that you know his game. Are you surprised at how good he has been in the NHL?
Not at all. He always had the offensive tools, but I remember in his draft year, I still questioned his ability to play in his own end, until he got Mono and left us in the playoffs.

I was never impressed watching Tavares play that year for Oshawa, and found out that it was because he always played against Alex. Pietrangelo just did those little things right that don't go noticed. Without Pietrangelo we lost in 6 to Oshawa (I'm sure we would have won with him there)

The next year he came back to us and carried a 7th place team to a 7 game win over a very strong Ottawa team, and even though we lost in 5 against 1st place Belleville in round 2, I'm fairly certain that every game was close, including some overtime losses.

But yes, like you said, that's a deal that you have to make in a heartbeat. He and Schultz as our top pairing, followed by Smid and Petry as a reliable 2nd pairing would be our ticket into the playoffs.