View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
I'm sorry, but until Shootouts are part of the Playoffs they are currently only a way of resolving a Tie. A Shootout win doesn't equate to a game timed win, and thus the maintaining of the Tie Point in the current point system. Can't remove it in OT because that would make OT virtually a useless waste of time. The only other option, in "my" preferred point system is to reduce the value of the Shootout win, and then you can throw out the Tie Point, no longer necessary.
I don't understand why the playoffs can't just be different and leave it at that. Why does that have to affect the way points are distributed in the regular season?

People probably said the same thing right after they first started regular season OT. That it's only a way of resolving a tie. Now it's so much part of the game that most wouldn't think twice about it. I think if people give the shootout time it will turn into the same thing.

For the next generation of fans it's going to be so widely accepted that nobody will question it. What they will question if something of a 3-2-1-0 system is implemented is why it's not as much of a win as other wins. Tell you what, since you don't think it equates to a game-time win, you can explain it to little Machinehead Jr. I'll be in touch in about 14 years.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote