View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
I think, on paper, it's a much better team for a couple of reasons. One, the defense, led by Jones and Trouba (who was our best d-man last year as an underager), blows last years defense group out of the water. Two, while thhere may have been a more scoring depth in last years forward group, I'll gladly take this year's group with three players (Galchenyuk, Gaudreau, Grimaldi) that are as talented, if not more so, than any forward we've put forth since Kane. The goalie group is strong again, led by Gibson, with two very good backups.

As with most of the US teams of recent note, the big factor is going to be chemistry. When we haven't had it recently, we've been a bit of a mess. I have a good feeling about this team though because I think the defensive group (unless Housley screws up some of the picks) and Gibson should keep this team competitive. And if, like last year, no forward chemistry comes through, I'll be more confident than in this team than some of the past teams with the same issues because of the Three G's up front.

It's going to be a tough tournament though. Lots of good teams this year. But I think our team should definitely be in heavy play for a medal. Anything less is a massive disappointment in my opinion.
Not just Trouba, but before his injury Jones was playing well enough, and was picked by many to be a main cog on that blue as well.

We should have an elite defenseman on the ice just about all the time with those two.