View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Because you guys keep asking for the Moon and the Sun for Lou. Did you seriously think we were going to just say "Gollie Gee sure we will trade Frattin AND Gradiner AND a 1st AND Kadri for Lou.". For a team that currently finished 5th worst in the league we should really be making a trade that gives up ALL of our good prospects for a 33 year old goaltender who will be on the decline when we are ready to compete.
No one has asked for that...We would like at least one piece that holds value to us, such as Lupul or a 1st or something. Packages of 4 or 5 'meh' pieces don't help us at all.

Quote:
Thanks we will take your luck and hope one of our prospects becomes our starter instead of giving up a massive amount of our future for a goalie who will be on the decline when we are ready to even compete....
Toronto + Luongo + Getzlaf/Weiss/Zajac/etc looks like a competitor to me. Lupul, Phaneuf, Grabovski, Kessel, are all in their primes right now. Every year you spend tanking for picks is a wasted year of contention for them. I didn't mean it to sound as awful as it did, I was simply replying tounge-in-cheek.

Quote:
1. King Henrik

2. Pekka Rinne

3. Johnny Quick

4. Cam Ward

5. Jonas Hiller

6. Ryan Miller

7. Tim Thomas

8. Cory Schnieder (Seeing how you keep on trying to trade Lou...)

9. Cary Price

10. Miika Kipprusoff

HM

- Jaroslav Halak
- Jimmy Howard
What did you base these rankings on? Also, Boston traded Thornton to make room for Bergeron, that doesn't mean Bergeron was better. Schneider is 7 years younger, and thus extends our ability to contend that much longer than Luongo, which is why we're trading him. But no one would say Schneider > Luongo right now.