Old
12-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
You forgot Cam Atkinson

Also, I don't see how being traded twice has any effect on Erixon's potential.
It doesn't, but he basically forced Calgary to trade him to us and then didn't endear himself enough to us to stick here. I think he'll be a third pairing/PP offensive d-man based on watching him play pre-season plus 20 regular season games for us. To be clear, I'm not insulting your prospects, so much as re-ordering them. I like CBJ and your prospects. I like Erixon too, but I've seen a good amount of him and don't see him being a reliable middle pairing guy as much as a bottom pairing puck mover whose great on the PP. I like Calvert a lot too, but he's going to be a third liner capable of chipping in 15-25 with good speed and forechecking. Savard, to me, is going to be a regular in the NHL this year and is a good d-man, but I wouldn't be as excited about Savard's future as Jenner. Dansk... I don't know a whole lot about, but he's years away the way it takes goalies to develop. So, after that, I'm basically just saying that, long term, I see Jenner as the higher upside than Tynan or Atkinson and a real, exciting prospect. He's exciting to me because even if his offensive doesn't come through in the NHL, he should be a super safe bet to be a solid, two-way third line center with great leadership and enough skill to contribute in a pinch. And that's the safe, minimum bet, to me.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote