Thread: Value of: Jason Demers to Minnesota
View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Even with the Suter signing, Minnesota is still quite weak on defense. With Spurgeon and Gilbert as the only legitmate d-men on the right side, I think we could benefit from acquiring another right handed d-man, something San Jose actually has a decent amount of. These teams seem to be good trading partners, having already made some very significant trades with each other over the last couple years, with Jimmy Sheppard being the biggest obviously.

With Boyle and Burns taking up the 1st and 2nd pairing, it seems that Braun and Demers are destined to do battle over who gets that bottom pairing spot. Now maybe you Shark fans are higher on Demers than Braun, but what would it take to get Demers in a Wild uniform?

Wild prospects that are off limits are Granlund, Brodin, and Coyle (not that it would make sense to trade him back to San Jose less than a year after acquiring him anyway).
While I like Demers, I don't necessarily agree with the perceived need of a RD (assuming he plays on the right side). We have Gilbert and Spurgeon now, Dumba coming up in a few years and Brodin, while left-handed, actually plays regularly on the right side. If anything, I'd rather go after a LD to play on the 2nd pairing and give Scandella softer minutes.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote