View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
What would it take Calgary get either Duchene or O'Reilly from Colorado. At this point the only player I would take off the table would be Baertschi.

I was thinking for Duchene somewhere along the lines of Bowmeester and 2013 2nd. Gives E Johnson someone to play with as he could stay his DFD style and allow Bowmeester to have the freedom he had in Florida. However I dont know how attached Colorado fans are to them. If this was already discussed I apologize.
This isnt even close to being acceptable for the Avs.

Bowmeester is, at least in my opinion, a solid Dman cabable of Top pairing minutes, but even so he's still 1.5-2M overpaid, and is kind of old(Compared to the rest of the Avs at least). Some will even argue that Bowmeester isnt a Top pairing Dman and they have a legitimate argument, so basically a borderling Top 2/4 Dman for a young stud in Duchene isnt close.

In my honest opinion, I dont think Calgary has the assets it would take for Colorado to move Duchene or Oreilly. Baertschi would be nice, but the Avs arent interested in trading for prospects at this point, and therefore moving back in the rebuild. And outside of Baertschi theres really not a whole lot in Calgary right now.***

***Excluding the all holy Jankowski, as we all know it would take Duchene + Oreilly to get Jankowski.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote