Thread: Value of: Calgary = Duchene / O'reilly
View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
I just threw Jbo in as one player how I seen as a fit for Colorado but I mean I am open for others if you prefer. I dont want this to turn into a Jbow hate fest. others are on the table I mean Giordano, Backlund, Kipper, Iggy etc...I threw in Jbow because most dont understand him. he is playing a shutdown def rather than an Off Def that he naturally is. He is playing 1st line shutdown with Butler a guy who had a hard time cracking that Sabres lineup period. In his defense, playing on a team that had only 2 people crack the 50 point barrier and not one cracking to 70 point with a 6th-7th def as his partner going up against the top lines I think he is pretty good.
I don't hate JBO, he is still an excellent defensman. He gets the hate he does because of his cap. The Avs just have no interest in trading on our top young centers for a 29 year old JBO earning 6.8m a year. We want someone with similar potential to who we are trading who fits in with the rest of our core. Nor would we have interest in guys like Iggy, who is to old, or Kipper, who we don't need, and certainly not Backlund. I love Giordano, but again, not exactly what we are looking for, plays wrong side, and I doubt Flames want to move him. The Flames really don't have anything that interests us enough to give up Duchene/ROR.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote