View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
I think Devils, as long as we still have time to negotiate with Zajac, Elias etc. before new season we could also maybe sign a top 6 RW in FA
That is just the point. If the lockout lasts the full season, no team will have any time to be able to negotiate with their players prior to the June 30th end of season. Players already signed for the 2013-14 season and beyond will be safe, but teams with players who's contracts expire Jun 30, 2013 will be be exposed to their players being UFA's and open to offers from all clubs at the same time the club they presently play for can start negotiating to re-sign those players. I think that there will be a feeding frenzie that will cause a lot of clubs to lose some players they really need to keep or those clubs will be forced to out bid the other teams making offers to those players. Though in the long run a big shake up may benefit a lot of teams, I think for the first year or two, teams that have to make a lot of changes to their roster will not be serious playoff/cup contenders.

On the Devils, which players turn UFA at the end of this 2012-13 season and would their loss to another team seriously harm the Devils?

If on the other hand, the NHL is serious to void all present contracts and their is no cap, then as another poster pointed out, the small market teams are in very serious trouble. The rich teams, Vancouver included, will go on their own feeding frenzy.

My post wasn't trying to ask which teams benefit or get hurt by their players getting time off for a year. My post is asking what the impact on your team will be if they can't talk to, negotiate or re-sign players currently on your roster that turn UFA on June 30, 2013?

Last edited by Hi-wayman: 12-16-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote