View Single Post
Old
12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Rubbers29

vCash: 500
I understand that but the guys that you have left after your protected list don't fetch enough to help you build a team, you don't have the first round picks coming up, so I think your best bet is trade your guys that will fetch you some 2nds, lean on your young guys to hopefully step up when given the chance and then hopefully flip some of those seconds for someone else first rounder, and build from there, if u can keep Ho-Sang and pick up a first rounder next trade deadline, a little luck in the import draft and all if the sudden you're in decent shape again, don't get me wrong as a knights fan I am more than happy to see the spits float around between 5th-7th for the next few years but if you seriously want to be a contender again you have to be willing to trade some top guys, the knights were in the exact same position as you 2 years ago, traded our top players to missy and barrie for some good returns and the rookies stepped up giving the eventual champion Owen sound attack their toughest series in the first round, the next year used some of those second round picks, loaded up and came within a goal of a memorial cup, the only other gm in the league that could pull that off IMO is WR