View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in the Flood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
No -- it's all the same to me, so I might as well put my faith in the team I root for. All the scouts criticizing the pick have had their share of "bad" picks and oversights, so it makes no difference.

I'll go through this one last time, but let's look at the two players people are most lamenting passing over -- Grigorenko and Forsberg. Buffalo picked Grigorenko, and yet they also had Pouliot in their Top-10. So if you're endorsing their pick of Grigs you're also endorsing a scouting staff who had DP in the Top-10. And Washington drafted Forsberg, so if you're endorsing their pick, you're also endorsing a scouting staff who didn't even have Grigorenko ranked on their entire board. Do they know what they're doing, or not?

We all get entirely too caught up in rankings, and not the actual players.
That's great that you have total faith in Shero, just know that not everyone does. IMO, the attitude of some here that it's ok to assume Shero's right and everyone who disagrees with him is wrong and should get called out for trusting another source is a little naive and hypocritical.

Where did you find BUF's and WSH's top 10 lists? I'd be interested to see who's on it because if their lists excluded the top 5-8 players that would be gone by the time they picked it means much less that DP was on BUF's. IIRC WSH wasn't prepared for either Fors or Grigs because they assumes they'd both be taken.

Last edited by Ragamuffin Gunner: 12-17-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote