Old
12-17-2012, 12:52 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd1344 View Post
To a "T".

If you look at many of the stars of the past and present, many fall into this category.
Before I go any further, I am not pencilling in Kadri as a "star", not am I comparing him to any of the players I am using for argument's sake.

The fact is that stars find a way to produce when they've got nothing going for them. All they need is a sliver of an opportunity at the right time to make their magic.And that's why some of their shortcomings are often overlooked. A guy like Hull was famous for this; sleepwalking through periods at a time, waking up in an instant to pot a timely goal. Jagr, known as "moody" and "brooding" was/is notorious for this as well.

Gaborik can be in Torts' doghouse all night long, all it take is one shift, one shot or one chance and most is forgotten.
I agree with Jagr and Hull but Gaborik is a different story. All he needs to do is a little floating on the right shift, or even just blow by a defense. His speed is the biggest difference IMO. But another guy you need to add to that list is Semin. There's been plenty of times where he comes out randomly on a shift and just looks like absolute gold. And just makes an absolute DIRTY snipe. Same with Radulov..