View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 03:35 AM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Unbelievable contradiction. No player signs a 15 year contract at way less than the amount star goalies are making in the prime of their career. He was flourishing when he signed it btw, not faltering. I hardly see anyone, even those who think he should retire, say DP is just out for himself. That is just absurd and this is one of the more sickening posts on this thread.
DP was the best goalie in the NHL. Wait....he was top six in a stat once. Same thing. His market value was $2-2.5M when he signed that asinine mound of fertilizer contract. But he had two good seasons total (1 1/5 really) so he CERTAINLY was being paid what Misstress Cleo said he'd be worth at worst - though we all knew Patrick Roy was scared of his amazing positioning.

I still think he's the greatest. I just won't get into what with you.....but he's great, certainly. I feel bad he has to retire.....but hey, winning is cool. Never listen to doctors or goalie coaches. Period. The money is much easier when you don't have to work for it!