Thread: Boxing: All Boxing Discussion
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 03:26 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Yeah I don't see the non biased boxing fan cheering on/happy with that knockout. Why would you be. Manny fought every single opponent ever suggested to him and by all accounts was much more open in his efforts to try and make a fight with Floyd happen. He fought everyone, big, small, young, old.. He was the people's champ truly, and always wanted to give fight fans his best - always. He is humble and good natured, I don't know how a straight faced plain old fight fan can cheer on Pacquiao getting KO'd and be happy to see him lose, unless you're Mexican (and even they came around on him these past few years) or black in the USA, especially if youre a true Floyd fan. Thing is I like Floyd, and there was maybe a 1.5 year window when I thought Manny at the top of his powers would be the Only challenge to Mayweather, the only fighter with a hope or prayer to beat him. But in the past 2 years he's lost a bit of his speed, while Floyd is still quick and kept his technical edge skill wise. He'd lose to Floyd now, but i don't think it would be as lopsided as people think. Styles make fights, and Marquez has always been the one guy - with his counter right to Pacquiao's southpaw left always forcing the action - who had the gift to win. Not to mention his sheer heart and mental fortitude. It's amazing and a credit to Manny he even fought Marquez a fourth time. That's why I think there needs to be a 5th and final fight next May. And like I said, call me crazy but I thought Manny looked good... to me he has at least 1-2 fights left in him.
Non-biased boxing fans are happy for a legendary fighter who just had the greatest moment in his career. You don't have to be Mexican, or American, to be a big fan of Marquez. He has as much heart and fortitude as anybody.