View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 04:30 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Also, that line has no sniper, but then again, how many proven snipers do we have at the moment (besides Teemu, who may not even be playing come 2014)?
This, I think, is the biggest issue we have coming into these games that's been evident for the last couple of years. We have none.

Tuomo Ruutu is the closest thing of the utility forward mold that one can try to convert into a scorer mold. Jussi Jokinen and Hagman are others, but having these patchwork solutions populate the top-six is far from ideal, or even passable.

This is why some are even clinging to hope that Erkka might be able to convince Teemu to show up one last time. Methinks those are pretty bad delusions though.

Therefore, I've been watching intently any possible rising sniper type we have. Armia, Pulkkinen, Sakari Salminen and others. In fact, I think we should take one of those anyway, no matter if they have other weaknesses that might not make 'em completely ready for best-on-best hockey yet. Our system is based on solid teamwork, so let the others help out in those areas they're lacking, if they just bring something to the table others don't have.

---

And, what's up with you guys bringing Barkov to these lineups? I'm not saying the kid would not be able, he's that good, but the picks are - give or take a few days - exactly a year away. And in the time of that year, everything needs to go better than expected for him to have a realistic shot. Based on pure raw talent he's still a long one, because it isn't going to be enough for a guy like Erkka to just hand him a ticket.

Last edited by FiLe: 12-17-2012 at 04:39 AM.