Thread: WJC: Division I-III
View Single Post
12-17-2012, 06:02 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by kaiser matias View Post
Right, I forgot they stayed up for another year. Still, its been a while

It is impressive that Croatia managed to stick around for so long. Makes you wonder what could happen if there was some real effort put into the program there. And hey at least they weren't shutout in all five games; that one goal against Ukraine saved them from a pretty embarrassing fate. But your point still stands, they have really cut down the goals against. Just need some goals for. Still, don't think they will be back up in 2015; they're probably stuck in Div IIA for a couple years, at least until some proper effort is put into a youth program.
I must say I am not optimist. We lack good coaches, and we lack coaches who are wiling to teach kids something, most of them are just preoccupied to get money at the end of the month from kids parents. Everybody in Croatia now thinks that EBEL U20 league (Medvescak plays it with players from all three clubs) will launch us to the highs of Division 1 B, but that is simple BS. Problem is that most kids are very little hockey educated by age of 16, they have so many holes in their game compared to kids from region. EBEL U20 will not save us, only way to improve is to get good quality coaches who will work with kids from their earliest age up to age of 16-17.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote