View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Bure All Day

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
I feel sorry for you. I bet you think the NHL started in 2005 don't you?

Thornton, Crosby and Sedin are not top 10 playmakers and outside of Crosby who can still pick up his pace, Sedin and Thornton have already peaked and are on the downsides of their careers.

It's not called living in the past. It's called having a perspective on the history of the NHL.

Give players of the past the same kind of equipment and training methods as today's players and I think the results for the players in the past might be even more impressive.

Howe and Lafleur are most definitely better playmakers than any of the current set of NHL players. Howe was a Right Wing that led the league in assits countless times. Lafleur did the same playing an era with guys like Dionne, Trottier, Orr, Clarke.

Jagr was another winger that led the league in assists countless times. Find me a Winger nowadays that can claim to the be the league's best playmaker.

I'll say this, if Jagr was still in his prime (not this 40 year old version of him), he'd be skating circles around the rest of the NHL. He was Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby into one offensively.

If you think Crosby and Malkin are great puck possession players, then just go look at Jagr. If you think Ovechkin is an explosive skater with a great shot, have a look at Jagr's clips from his glory days.

As for stickhandling and passing, forget about it.

You show one video and claim it proves how Jagr is better than Crosby...

Crosby could easily have made the same play

Talk about puck control, there it is...

Obviously you feel some divine power commanding you to stand up for Jagr and praise his greatness so go for it

Bure All Day is offline   Reply With Quote