The Armchair GM Thread - Part XXX - Naughty Edition
View Single Post
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Sedins off Kas
Join Date: Oct 2006
One approach for a $60MM cap world would be as follows:
- move Luongo, Ballard and Booth. Easier said than done.
- go with a 20man roster - the 4th line are the spare parts already (6-7 minutes on avg. the last 4 playoffs, 5 goals scored in 52 games), one of them can be a dman which would be an improvement as many games LY were finished with only 5 D.
- total budget for 4th line and back up goalie of $2.8MM.
- as a methodology for the cap, a capgeek roster was generated where everybody was removed but the "core" players (YMMV) - Henrik, Daniel, Burr, Kes, Schneider, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Garrison.
- used Volpatti, Weise and Ebbett as proxy for the 4th line, Conklin as proxy for the backup, and left Malhotra in to reflect Burrows' 2013-14 cap hit.
- Leaves ~$18MM of cap space for 3 dmen and 5 forwards...
Some flexibility to alter the team's look going forward.
- Of note, 6 of the players (Edler, Raymond, Hansen, Higgins, Lapierre, Tanev) occupying these 8 spots re on short term contracts (RFA or UFA) and IMO, their value as players exceeds their cap hit.
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) /
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Ty Conklin ($0.985m)
SALARY CAP: $60,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $42,200,000; CAP SPACE (13-man roster): $18,000,000
Last edited by Outside99*: 12-17-2012 at
. Reason: clarify
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Outside99*