View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 09:04 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
My idea of a fire- sale differs greatly from yours...I'd make Ho-Sang, Sieloff, Sanvido my untouchables. Vail and Rychel would bring the best returns. If WR can get a 3rd for Bilcke he'd jump at the chance. Posa deserves to be kept unless he gets dealt to Plymouth. DeKort would stay if Pavelka gets moved.
However I doubt if WR has the cojones to move his son and Vail. He has 3 days to make trades before the trade freeze that starts on the 20th and I expect him to do exactly nothing unless it is a minor move to fill the O/A open slot. The Spits have 4 games before the trade deadline (Jan 10th)The last of those 4 is Jan 4th. This is the period he should get the most bang for his buck but will he? I suspect the Spits to do something cosmetic in the hope they can make the playoffs, get 2 home gates and try to do better with the same cast next year.
If Koko decides he wants to return to the OHL I'd trade his rights for draft picks. You can bet he'd rather be on a contending team than on a bottom-feeder scraping to make the last playoff spot.
Agreed with all of you say. Read the paper today and Boughner was just talking about bad luck, bad breaks, guys out of the lineup. There was a time when Windsor had guys out of the lineup and players would just step up but those days are over. Too much entitlement, poor work ethic and this is what you get. It's interesting that at the start of this week Boughner said they win a couple games they are in the hunt to win the division. He said after the Saginaw game that they will need to get these type of games against the Soo and Saginaw in order to make the playoffs. Right now Windsor is just another mediocre hockey team in the OHL fighting for their playoff lives, amazing how things change in just a couple years.