View Single Post
Old
06-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
P.S Anybody know a great website for anything power or symphonic metal like the above mentioned in order for me to listen to samples before buying it. There's so many groups out there I want to learn about new ones and listen to it first.
Best thing i can recommend at the moment is to check out various label websites like Spinefarm, Century Media or Nuclear Blast and check out any samples there. I'm gonna head off in a minute but if you want some links tomorrow I'll look them out before or after the England game. Alternatively, Amazon usually have some short samples. I know that short samples aint the best way to gauge Symphonic Metal bands but you might find something of interest quickly. Finally, go to the websites of your favourite bands and check out who they have toured with and who they thank in CD booklets and go to those bands sites and keep on searching until you have enough music you want/like.

Hope that is of some use. BTW - do you like Nightwish? Their song Ghost Love Score might be of great interest to you if you haven't heard it (the whole of the album Once would be too).

EDIT - new Strapping Young Lad song available for those that like them. Gene is REALLY on ******* fire in this one and its just as crazy as you'd expect from SYL
click here to go through to page with link to song

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote