View Single Post
12-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Agreed. Flores will not be a part of this deal. I still would like to see Flores traded, but I would rather wait until the deadline/2013-14 offseason. If he has another big offensive year, I could see him shooting into the top-50 prospect rank. Not to mention a lot of people view Syndergaard as a Wheeler-type, a kid who is already considered a top-50ish prospect but should continue to climb the rankings, eventually hitting that top-20, or even top-10 range.
Flores is only 21, has a lot of power, and strikes out at a very low rate for a power hitter. (He's only 21, people who think his power potential is 'limited' need to see that through.) He projects as an OF/1B bat. I hope the Mets try him in RF in the minors this upcoming year. They can also move him to first if Ike can't be consistent.

Flores is a *much* better hitting prospect than Lucas Duda. What would you like to trade him for? Our infield is okay. We're not going to get a CF prospect with speed and OBP ability for him (our #1 organizational need). More than anything else, we've got starting pitching in the system. It's folly to trade for relievers.

Felix Unger is offline   Reply With Quote