View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Flores is only 21, has a lot of power, and strikes out at a very low rate for a power hitter. (He's only 21, people who think his power potential is 'limited' need to see that through.) He projects as an OF/1B bat. I hope the Mets try him in RF in the minors this upcoming year. They can also move him to first if Ike can't be consistent.

Flores is a *much* better hitting prospect than Lucas Duda. What would you like to trade him for? Our infield is okay. We're not going to get a CF prospect with speed and OBP ability for him (our #1 organizational need). More than anything else, we've got starting pitching in the system. It's folly to trade for relievers.

Cheers,

Dan-o
An outfielder, without a doubt. Flores doesn't have the speed or range to play a corner OF spot. He's either a 3B or a 1B. Two positions the Mets have filled for the foreseeable future. I'd try to find a team in need of a quality 3B prospect, who has quality OFers that can be had. Arizona is that type of team, at least on the surface. Their interest in a high-end 3B prospect has been well documented, but it's unclear just how available Justin Upton has been these past 6-months or so. There was talk of them moving him to Texas for a package centered around 3B prospect Mike Olt. Either way, a player like that would definitely get my attention.

That said, I'd love to see the Mets invest in Michael Bourn, even if it means no real spending anywhere else. Bourn would be a perfect fit for CitiField; offensively and defensively. He'd be perfect at the top of our lineup as well. If the Mets view CF as a need, they might as well make a play for him considering next offseason(when all this money comes off the books) the only viable option will be Ellsbury, who may end up being re-signed before that point(and he'll be the same age then that Bourn is now).

Hopefully the Mets aren't quite done yet this offseason.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote