Old
12-17-2012, 12:53 PM
redbull
game on

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Rosen Played this past weekend.
FYI: I played ball hockey last tuesday, scored a bunch of goals.
#islesprospectsunite

Side note: watched Grand Rapids play yesterday, boy, does Detroit have some nice looking prospects considering they never have high picks.

Impressive: Nyquist (4th-2008), Tatar (2nd-09), B.Smith (1st-07)

Others that look promising: Jurco (2nd-2011), Sproul (2nd-11), Sheahan (1st-10) - others like Landon Ferraro and Joakim Andersson.

Amazing how many of these guys get 3-4 full AHL seasons before they play in the NHL. They are drafted and forgotten about for years.

I suppose when you're a successful NHL franchise you spend less time waiting for rescue from your farm team. Hopefully the NYI can be that team soon (if hockey comes back)

Nyquist and Brendan Smith looked great, ready for NHL play. Tatar, whom I wanted the NYI to take in 2009 (instead of Koskinen) looked really good too, albeit he's a small, all offense type player.

Maybe Rosen can be that guy one day?! (though I doubt it)

I'd just like to see the NYI spend more time developing players after they draft them. They've been doing a better job of late (with some terrible exceptions) and hopefully they'll stay committed to the slower process of surrounding these guys with enough support at the pro level to develop their game and only expose them to the NHL when they have a reasonable expectation of success.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote