Old
12-17-2012, 12:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I don't have a crystal ball, so I have no idea how any of our current prospects in Connecticut will turn out. I was focused on the players who have come through our system and who have wound up contributing to the Rangers.

That list is considerable.

Add to that the fact that many of these players have given the staff in Connecticut/Hartford a lot of credit in prepping them for the NHL as has Rangers head coach John Tortarella. Not a guy given to handing out undo kudos.

Just not getting the negativity about our prospect development in general or the AHL in particular.
Right, and whether or not the roster is comprised of "true" prospects, it's exceptionally young. The team isn't stocked with perennial AHL All Stars; there are some veteran AHL players but none of particular note.

The average age of the Whale's active roster is 24.1. That's young even by AHL standards. The organization seems to have decided that Connecticut will be a place where all of the younger players can go and play--and play a lot. It's devoid of retreads that we know have no NHL future. You can argue with the merits of this philosophy in assembling the feeder team, but it's clear what they're doing.

It's just pain.