View Single Post
12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Hopefully some of the hardcore OHL guys like That can confirm, but I've always thought Trocheck was only a center and doesn't play wing at all, much like Sarault. So as a result Galchenyuk would be on the wing on that line.

Barber has 22 points in 18 games for Miami University in the NCAA. He's around 6' tall. A RW.

Obviously they might be playing around with combinations, let's hope...
If I remember correctly he's played right wing about 3 or 4 out of the games that I've seen them play this year. Before both Lodge and Moutrey started scoring. He's definitely a pure centre though. Similar to how Galchenyuk is. The play just runs through of them no matter what position they play. Their team mates basically allow them to occupy any area of the ice and get open.

If they do actually make Galchenyuk play wing I hope for the sake of the team that Barber is good in the dot, because Trocheck is pretty average in the dot. I don't know anything about Barber, but Gally and Trocheck are both insanely skilled, so they should be a ton of fun to watch. On the larger ice, I'd imagine it allow Galchenyuk to have more space, and we all know how much he loves that corner/half-wall spot, so that could be behind the decision as well.

Last edited by That: 12-17-2012 at 01:56 PM.