View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
IMO, Im pretty sure Josh Defarius is not a first round pick. The 2nd round is more likely in my opinion. Im still torn on Stephens vs Strome. The only thing holding me back against picking Strome over Stephens is that Stephens is the only other forward in this draft that has similar skill to Konecny. IMO, the biggest difference between Konency and STephens is consistency/hunger, not much difference in skill level. Stephens is more athletic and has more skill than Strome. Its tough. If Stephens brought the same level of play every game, his upside to me is higher. I think if u asked goalies in the AAA loop they would say they fear Stephens more. Being consistent is a skill in its own right, last year for me it was the only major difference between Mcdavid and Hosang. Everything else was basically too close to call between those 2. The top 20 should be dialed in alot more on Jan 1st.
The challenge in picking 15 year olds in a draft, eh? Kids all mature at different times....compete levels will change iver the next few years, who is the better athlete today may not be tomorrow based on work ethic, etc.